What is Lent? | We Explain the Basics
Lent is the six week period leading up to Easter. It is one of the most important times of year for many Christians around the world. During the six weeks of self-examination and reflection, Christians who observe Lent traditionally make a commitment to fast, or to give up something: a habit, such as smoking or logging on Facebook, swearing, or a food or drink, such as sweets, coffee or wine.
Lent begins on Ash Wednesday, which is always held 46 days (40 fasting days and 6 Sundays) before Easter Sunday.
Ash Wednesday is the day after Shrove Tuesday, which is known as Mardi Gras (meaning ‘Fat Tuesday’ in French). Shrove Tuesday is known as Pancake Day in the UK.
Strict observers do not eat meat on Fridays, often opting for fish instead.
Bonus: Keto, Paleo and Gluten Free Friendly Pancake Recipe
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp Blanched Superfine Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Cream Cheese (use full fat/regular)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tsp Granulated Sweetener (Erythritol or Swerve)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (optional)
- Ghee or Avocado Oil for frying
- Mix all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Preheat an oiled pan* on the stove over medium-low to medium heat.
- Drop the batter onto the hot pan and form into 2-3 inch circles.
- Cook for about 1.5-2 minutes, until bubbles start to form in the middle.
- Flip and cook another 90 seconds, until browned on the other side.
Use Coupon Code: KATZ10